As an employer, you need to be conscious that the statutory right to request flexible working is available to plenty of your staff, and if you receive such a request, employment laws require you to consider this request seriously & within prescribed timescales.
Employment Law Clinic provides advice on requirements you need to deal with, and we can also advise you on decisions you need to take.
A call to us – 020 3397 2979 – could save your business the expense of an employment tribunal claim.
What We Can Do for Employers:
- ensure the application for flexible working is legitimate & is a legal request;
- advise on how to manage & decide on the application – or make a decision on your behalf;
- draft your response to an application;
- if the application is not accepted initially, offer guidance on your meeting with your employee – a meeting will need to held within 28 days of the application for flexi working;
- take care of the legal stuff, writing all correspondence so that it complies with the laws & protects your business from losing an employment tribunal claim;
- make sure your reasons for refusing a request for flexible working comply with the laws.
If you have received an application for flexible working, you cannot ignore this. You need to reply within prescribed time-scales, and there are only certain grounds on which employers can refuse a request for flexible working.